Sunday, February 04, 2007

Ack!

D and I joined a gym on Saturday. We went for our first workout there today. I never, never, never in a million years thought I'd be brave enough to ever enter a gym. I'm so self-conscience. But I've got to get rid of this yucky, fat funk I've been in lately. That fact, and finding a gym for only $10/month is getting me motivated. Thank the gods for D. If it weren't for him, I don't know if I'd be able to make myself walk through those doors. I felt like such a jackass having a hard time on the elliptical. By the end of our time there, I was a lot more comfortable. I'm actually looking forward to going back right now. That will probably change tomorrow when I'm really sore.

My short term goal is to lose 15 lbs. That's how much I've put on during the past 3 years. If I could lose 10 more pounds after that, it would be great. If not, that's cool too. As long as I become more fit, that's all that really matters.

1 Comments:

Blogger Teresa said...

Hey, good for you! I'm trying to get going with the exercise too. Once you've been there a few times you'll be showing the new members how! Keep up the good work!

February 26, 2007 9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home